Just the Facts
Jack Webb of TV show fame Dragnet was know for saying “just the facts” – thus only the facts:
- New 2016 Eagle Cap
- Dometic 7 cubic refrigerator on the slide out
- While on a 10 day of dry camping cross country trip, the temp in the refrigerator was at 60 degrees and the freezer 14 degrees the entire journey
- Had to purchase a portable ice chest and purchase ice cubes every two days to keep perishables and milk cold – need cold milk to go with the Oreo cookies
- Call to Dometic Customer Service – trouble shooting assistance not available – would only provide nearest authorized dealer
- Spoke with another camper (Mikeee T.) and he suggested placing a fan at the top of the refrigerator air cabinet between the refrigerator’s coil and exhaust grill to remove the excessive hot air. While traveling down the Interstate, the hot exhaust from the refrigerate evaporator coil is unable to exit and needs assistance to exhaust.
Attached two 4-inch, 12-volt fans computer fans to the inside of the exhaust grill with tie wraps to exhaust the hot air . Power was taken from the LP solenoid terminal strip at the bottom of the chamber.
The refrigerator temp went from 60 to 34 degrees within 2 hours.
Guess Dometic never heard of such a problem – this must be the only truck camper with a refrigerator on a slide out traveling down the highway with such a problem.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?